Fast Facts: Summer 2013
Brooke Rose, Communications Coordinator, 530.562.8036 or email@example.com
How to Contact Northstar
General Information & Lodging Reservations: 1.800.GO.NORTH (466.6784)
Consumer Website: www.NorthstarCalifornia.com
Mobile Website: m.NorthstarCalifornia.com
Instagram: @SkiNorthstar #thewayitshouldbe #northstarcalifornia
- Driving Directions: Hwy 267 at Northstar Drive, Truckee, CA 96160
- GPS: 100 Northstar Drive, Truckee, CA 96160
- Mailing: PO Box 129, Truckee, CA 96160
- Air Access: Reno-Tahoe International Airport (45 minutes); Sacramento Airport (1.75 hours); San Francisco Airport (3.5 hours); Oakland Airport (3.5 hours)
Summer activities include mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, fly-fishing, roller skating, special events and more.
- 18-hole Golf Course operates mid-May through mid-October, conditions permitting.
- Bike/Hike Park operates mid-June though early October, conditions permitting.
- Most extensive lift-served Mountain Bike Park in Northern California
- 18-Hole, par 72 Golf Course offering the best value and earliest twilight rates in North Lake Tahoe
- Fly fishing, tennis lessons, lift-served hiking and sightseeing
- 9,000-square-foot outdoor skating rink
- GeocachingAdventure (GPS based treasure hunt) on mountain when the Bike and Hike Park is open
- More than 5,000 square feet of on-site, year-round conference and banquet facilities with experienced event planners
- Signature special and weekly events including live music performances
- Village at Northstar™ featuring unique shops and restaurants, bars, grocers, two movie theaters and WiFi Internet access
- Apex Bungy trampoline and Ropes Challenge
- Experiential opportunities including candle, mosaic, teddy bear making, pottery painting and jewelry design
Full service bike shop offering rentals, retail sales and servicing
- Recreation Center featuring (limited to Northstar Resort lodging guests) 10 outdoor tennis courts, fitness center, three swimming pools (Jr. Olympic, Lap and Kiddie Pool), arcade, spas and sauna, massage (by appointment)
- On-site gas station
- Complimentary on-site neighborhood shuttle service (operates during the core summer season only)
- More than 220 on-site lodging units for rent through Northstar Central Reservations, 1.800.GO.NORTH (466.6784). Accommodations range from condominiums to hotel-style units, to spacious mountain homes.
- All Northstar lodging guests receive access to the Recreation Center featuring a lap pool, spas, game room, sauna and health club for a small fee.
- New 1-4 bedroom luxury condominiums in the new Village at Northstar available to rent through Tahoe Mountain Resorts Lodging.
- New 2-3 bedroom luxury condominiums available to rent through Hyatt Residence Club.
- Situated at mid-mountain at Northstar, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe features ski-in/ski-out access, mountain valet services, Manzanita, the resort’s signature restaurant created by renowned San Francisco celebrity chef Traci Des Jardins, and a 17,000 square foot spa and fitness center. The year-round resort property includes 170 guest rooms, 23 private Ritz-Carlton Residences and 25 Ritz-Carlton Club fractional ownership units.
Guests arriving in Reno can book rental cars through Northstar Resort’s reservation system. AMTRAK and Greyhound make daily stops in Truckee (six miles away). Complimentary shuttle service is available to Northstar from the Truckee transportation depot and from the Truckee-Tahoe Airport with 24-hour notice. To arrange ground transfers to and from the Reno/Tahoe International Airport, call North Tahoe Express at 866.216.5222, North Tahoe Checker Taxi at 866.420.8294 or Executive Limo at 800.323.3958.
About Northstar California Resort
One of the finest year-round mountain resorts in North America, Northstar is host to a base area village featuring unique shops and restaurants, a conference center, 9,000 square foot outdoor skating rink, movie theaters, on-site lodging, special events and more. A winter sport enthusiast’s paradise, Northstar offers 97 ski trails spread across 3,170 acres, award-winning terrain parks and snow sports including alpine and Telemark skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and tubing. Summer activities include mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, fly-fishing and more.
Northstar is located on Highway 267, just six miles north of Lake Tahoe and six miles south of downtown Truckee. For more information, call 1.800.GO.NORTH (1.800.466.6784) or visit www.NorthstarCalifornia.com.
About Vail Resorts
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan; and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort hotel company, manages casually elegant properties. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.